Thursday, November 03, 2005

Fall Colors And Temps Peaking This Weekend

I'm no tree expert but in my humble opinion our dry weather combined with chilly nights and warm sunny afternoons is making for a spectacular color show. It seems like there are more reds this year and they're more vibrant. I spent some time snapping some shots and enjoying the warm reds, oranges, and yellows against the bright blue November sky. I'd have to say this weekend will be the peak for Fall foliage in the Tennessee Valley. And with the warm weather it might be a perfect time to take some time out and enjoy the show. If you want some information and suggested scenic routes check out the information on WRCBTV.COM at this link:
http://www.wrcbtv.com/news/news.cfm?DID=15297

So what's the skinny on this next front? This morning's charts are suggesting it swings through here early Sunday with some scattered showers and a few storms. But right now the prospects for more than 1/4" of rain don't look too good. This system may zip across the Great Lakes without pulling down much cold air. If that's the case, maybe another week of above average temps ahead. At some point I would expect the other shoe to drop. So I'll keep eyeing the long range charts to see when that's going to happen. A brief cold shot may come down around the 15th, but not last. (I'm not complaining about the warm temps mind you. It's just that I'd rather not carve turkey on the picnic table and have Thanksgiving dinner on the deck. That would be wrong.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home