Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Mulch-Fest '06 A Three Week Extravaganza - Ugh!

I'm pretty proud of myself. For the first Autumn in years I remembered to mow over the leaves first before attaching the bagger. (O.K., it doesn't take much with me.) Every year this battle to keep the yard picked up begins in late October and almost always finishes on the day before Thanksgiving. I'm not a neat-nick when it comes to the lawn, it's just that soggy leaves are really a mess to clean up. And I have had years when wet weather kept me from getting them up, and then it snowed on them. That's really a mess in the Spring. So it's man versus nature for the next three weeks. So far I'm ahead.....but for how long? By the way I was humming "Up On The Rooftop" on my way up the ladder yesterday. Round three of gutter cleaning. By the looks of the maples, one or two more trips topside should take care of it for the year.
Some more scattered showers and a few rumbles of thunder today and tonight, then more blue skies this weekend. It will be chilly, but it should be a nice weekend to enjoy the fall foliage....ahem....unless you're enjoying chewing it to pieces and hauling it off the yard.

Today: Some morning sunshine, then scattered showers and a few storms. SW wind 5-10. High: 70

Tonight: Showers Early. Mostly cloudy & Cool. NW 10-15. Low: 46

Thursday: Becoming mostly sunny, cool and breezy. North 15 to 20 mph and gusty. High: 59

Thursday night: Clear and cold. Low: 32

Friday: Sunny but cool. High: 58

Saturday: Sunny and cool. High: 59

Sunday: Partly cloudy, pleasant. High: 61

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home