Monday, November 20, 2006

Early Morning Snow Causes 1st School Closing Of The Year


Thanks this morning to Shamane Barkes of Coalmont, TN for sending this picture of the light accumulation of snow they woke up to. As a result, Grundy County schools were closed for today, and Cumberland County schools delayed opening until 9 am this morning. And George Smith of Tracy City e-mailed to say they had some light accumulation with a temperature right at 32. I woke up to a pretty nice snow shower at Casa Benson atop Signal Mountain. In fact driving down the mountain I could faintly see the tracks of those who had just driven up. (Even at that hour the road is fairly busy these days. I can remember when that wasn't the case. When I first began this shift I had the road to myself in the wee hours of the morning. Just me and the occasional night critter.)
By the way the other picture is one I took around the 30th. I took a chilly stroll with Dudley yesterday morning. It was a chilly 34 degrees with a fairly stiff west wind. I was bundled up in my winter coat, gloves and Chicken, Alaska stocking hat. And as I was enjoying the brisk morning, I noticed that all but the Bradford Pear trees and some oaks had lost their leaves. You can really see down through the woods again.
Still some snowflakes early this morning across the Cumberland Plateau, but drier air will shut the moisture off. Eventually we'll see a nice warming trend this week. But it will have to wait until Wednesday to begin.

Today: Early morning showers dry up. Becoming partly cloudy, cold and breezy. North wind 10 to 20 mph and gusty. High: 45

Tonight: Clear and cold. Light North wind. Low: 29

Tuesday: Mostly sunny and cool. North 5-10. High: 53

Wednesday: Partly cloudy and a bit warmer. High: 60

Thanksgiving Day: Partly cloudy, pleasant. High: 63

Friday: Mostly sunny and warm. High: 68

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home