Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Cool Stamps Will Be Red Hot.

The mercury official hit 97 at Chattanooga's Lovell Field. Just 3 degrees shy of the record 100 set in 1998! TVA set a power demand record today. So I'm spending the afternoon inside surfing. And I found this little news nugget that ties in well with some earlier posts.
The U.S. Postal Service will begin selling a commemorative D.C. comics stamp set this Friday. And yes, one place where they are being unveiled is at the Massac County courthouse in Metropolis, Illinois. I'm guessing they'll have the media conference right in front of the Superman Statue. Apparently there are quite a few folks who knew these stamps were coming who are waiting to swamp the Metropolis Post Office for the day of release cancellation.
I'll have to admit, I don't get inside a Post Office much anymore. E-mail has pretty much taken care of that. But it looks like I'm missing out by not keeping up with the latest art.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home