Thursday, July 13, 2006

Here' hoping the A/C unit is bullet-proof.




A few final shots from downtown Metropolis, Illinois where Superman is the unofficial mayor. I love the fact that they have the Daily Planet sign and phone booth downtown. You could step inside and then take a few steps down the street and stand behind the Superman cut-out and have your picture taken as the man of steel. And right above is a cool Superman jumping off a ledge, and up, up, and away. I almost didn't go downtown on this trip. Now I'm glad I did, and I hope you enjoyed seeing the sights as well. (Next time I'm going to spend more time in the Superstore though.)
Things are looking fairly soggy for the next few days across the area as scattered storms cover more real estate than in the recent past. But the key here is scattered. Yesterday for example there were only a couple of storms in the area. But one was really dousing the area only about 2 1/2 miles as the crow flies from my yard. And from the house, you wouldn't have even known it rained that close. But average rainfall amounts from today through the weekend are looking like 1/2" to 3/4" on the low side. And 1" to 1 1/2" on the high end.
A couple of years ago we were in a similar pattern in late July and August. And I was one location that missed out every day on afternoon storms. There were also some places in Bradley County like that. Trees and lawns were burnt brown, while most other spots were getting generous downpours. So I hope more spots are hits than misses the next few days.

Today: Hazy sunshine early, then afternoon storms develop. Highs near 91.

Tonight: Storms fade, patchy fog late. Lows near 73.

Friday: A 20% chance for a shower early. 40% chance for scattered storms popping up during the afternoon with highs in the upper 80s to near 90.

Saturday: Scattered storms again with highs near 92.

Sunday and Monday: Partly cloudy with a 30% chance for hit and miss storms. Highs 91 to 94.

I hope I'm not the only one worried about my air conditioner failing. We have the steamiest 6 or 7 weeks of the year to go. Hang in there good 'ol A/C unit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home