Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Visibility Above and Below

Here's my dive buddy Ricky Boyd on last Sunday's trip down under. Visibility really wasn't this bad, but there were enough particles suspended in the water that the single flash on my camera was really spreading out. In fact Ricky might have a hard time recognizing himself in this shot. You will recognize some of the fishy friends we saw that I'll try and post in the days to come.
While it was a bit murky in the water Sunday, it was also pretty murky in the sky as well. And if you remember what that looked and felt like Sunday afternoon........guess what? It's coming back.
Today was a real treat really. Dewpoints dropped into the mid 50s and with a north breeze, 88 really wasn't that bad. And with less moisture, the visibility was pretty good. The trade off is that as the steam-bath returns, so does the chance for afternoon storms which we really need.
Thursday - Mostly sunny and hot with highs in the upper 80s to low 90s.
Thursday Night - Clear and sticky with lows around 64.
Friday - Hazy sunshine with highs in the low 90s.
Saturday - Partly cloudy with highs in the low 90s with just a 20% chance for an isolated storm.
Sunday - Partly cloudy with highs in the upper 80s to low 90s. 20% chance for an isolated storm.
Monday - 30% for an afternoon storm. Highs still in the upper 80s to low 90s.
The way the models look this afternoon, I doubt many of us east of the Cumberland Plateau see much Saturday or Sunday. But I just don't think ALL storm chances can be ruled out. But Monday and Tuesday we are in the running across the entire area. As of today we are -1.67" for the month, and -8.03" year to date.
I have decided that I'm going to let my lawn go until it rains again. Or if I absolutely HAVE to mow before then, I'm going to raise it up on the highest setting and see if the yard can stay green that way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home