Thursday, September 29, 2005

Searching For My "Tweener"

Our sky may look something like this around sunset today. Clouds should be clearing out as this front continues pushing eastward. The contrast as of 5 am is startling. It's 73 here at Channel 3....63 in Nashville....and 54 in Paducah. Most of the day we'll be in the 60s with breezy conditions. And tomorrow morning expect lower 50s in the city, while outlying areas will drop into the upper 40s. Now THAT'S a front.
In fact it's enough of a change that I spent some time in search of my "Tweener". Everyone has one. It's that jacket that suits you just right in situations like this. Something inbetween going without a light coat, and the days ahead when a heavier coat is necessary. Mine is actually the coat of a wind suit. It's just enough when temps are in the 60s and there's a bit of a breeze. But alas, somewhere since last April my "tweener" has disappeared in the mists of time and one of several closets. During my search I found old mismatched gloves, sweaters with snags, and sweatshirts with holes of various sizes. But no "tweener". So if you see me shivering a bit this afternoon or early tomorrow morning you'll know why. But I am comfortable in the knowledge that this particular jacket will show up one day in the near future. That will be the day I'm searching for the other grey mitten that will keep my hand warm when there's snow and ice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home