Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Smooth Sailing Now, Cruising Towards Colder

Here's a shot you won't be able to take for awhile. The view matches what you could see today on the Tennessee River. Blue skies overhead. Light winds. Bradford pear trees in the distance in bloom. But unless you are a construction worker, you're not going to take this picture from the closed Market Street Bridge.
Actually I wish I would have had one of my deer pictures to post today. This morning I was able to walk around the house without the lights on when I first woke up at 1:30 am. The full moon was actually Tuesday night, but you could have read by the moonlight last night. And the whole yard was easily seen. When I left the house there were 3 deer strolling down the road only about 3 blocks from the driveway. Apparently they were enjoying the great night vision too. And they didn't seem to be in any hurry. It occurred to me that this was a bit ironic since yesterday I was lamenting the fact that development in the neighborhood might drive them away.
Looks like smooth sailing weather wise for the rest of the week and into the start of the weekend. Big swings in highs and lows the next couple of days with March sunshine and dry air. Up into the low to mid 60s this afternoon. Down to 39 tomorrow morning. Back to the mid to upper 60s Thursday afternoon with partly cloudy skies. Thursday night a front will swing through and while we may see some sprinkles or very light showers, I doubt that anyone ends up with more than 1/10". Mostly sunny and cool Friday with highs in the lower 60s. Then partly cloudy and cool on Saturday with highs into the mid 50s. It still looks like rain moves into the area Sunday and Monday with chilly temperatures. Highs Sunday may only be in the upper 40s! A little bit warmer on Monday, but still showery.
You want crazy? The overall look to the models suggests were cruising towards colder than average weather for the rest of the month. And one of the models today paints a swath of snow moving through here Friday night the 24th of March into Saturday morning the 25th. It's probably unlikely that ACTUALLY happens. But it tells you with 5 days left until Spring begins, Old Man Winters chill isn't going away quietly.

2 Comments:

Blogger UnderH2Owxguy said...

Hey Sarah! Great to hear from you.
E-mail me at the station some time. I'd love to find out what you've been up to. Hope all is well. I saw your dad last summer, but he was in the big 150 parade, and I really didn't get a chance to say hi.

10:33 PM  
Blogger UnderH2Owxguy said...

Hey Sarah! Great to hear from you.
E-mail me at the station some time. I'd love to find out what you've been up to. Hope all is well. I saw your dad last summer, but he was in the big 150 parade, and I really didn't get a chance to say hi.

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home