Wednesday, August 31, 2005

One Way You Can Help

AP Photo / David J Phillip - New Orleans Flooding.
I don't think any of us fully comprehend what's going on in New Orleans or the Gulf coast.
We can see the pictures and hear the stories, but do we really understand?
I know I don't.
When I got home yesterday Dudley was there at the back door wagging his tail. The air conditioning was on. The phone was ringing. Bottled water was cold in the refrigerator. The lights, faucets, and toilet worked. And the television showing me so many others who would give anything for just one of those things. Just one.
So I was very glad to see the e-mail at work this morning announcing WRCB-TV 3 is joining forces with Talk Radio 102.3, KZ 106, and The Duke FM to try and help.
The Katrina Relief effort will be tomorrow from 5 am to 7 pm at Velocity Sports on Lee Highway.
We will be asking everyone to bring cash, checks, or donations of bottled water. (Flats only please as gallon jugs would make transportation more difficult.) Checks should be made out to the American Red Cross Katrina Relief Fund. It's one way you can help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home