Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Looking For The Sun, Son.

A nice sunrise picture thanks to Carl and Gail Slaven of Sale Creek Mountain. I was nice to see a little snow finally across the area, but I have to be honest, I'm officially ready for Spring.
Once I start to see jonquils blooming, I get to thinking about being outside and enjoying some warmer weather. Both the jonquils and iris are popping through the ground at my house, although it's going to be awhile before they start blooming. So in a Foghorn Leghorn voice, "I'ma lookin' for some more sun, son.
And we should get some today, although overall the pattern favors more clouds than sun the next few days. A wide satellite image shows a band of clouds over Hawaii, dipping southeast towards Baja California, across Texas and right into the Southeast U.S.. We'll be on the northern edge of this cloudiness right into the weekend. So heaviest amounts of rain will be south of us, but Wednesday afternoon through Thursday morning we might pick up .5" to .75". The next chance of rain pops up on Saturday. Late in the weekend and into early next week highs might drop into the 45 to 50 range, but right now that's as cold as it gets.
Still 27 days until Spring officially arrives. (I don't think too many would complain if it showed up a few weeks early.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home