Thursday, August 11, 2005

Santa Rosa Wall


I was hooked on diving the first time I put a regulator in my mouth. A friend of mine who's a long time diver smiled and called it "an addiction to compressed air".
As a kid I was fascinated by marine life and space exploration. As an adult I have finally discovered this way of feeling like an astronaut while coming face to face with all sorts of wonderful creatures. (Why did it take me so long?)
This picture was taken on my second day of diving in Cozumel along the Santa Rosa Wall. (I'm behind the camera.) I like this shot because it takes me back to that sunlit April morning. Flying underwater in the warm current, trying to take it all in as it passes underneath.
I can only imagine how awesome it was for astronaut Steve Robinson to spacewalk underneath Discovery with the whole world passing by below. Wow! (If NASA ever needs a scuba diving weather geek, I'll be in line fins in hand.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home